Through detailed examples and interactive presentations, Students will learn how to:
- Make a meal plan and shopping list. Use the food you have and the deals you find in store ads and coupons;
- Fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables. You can get your 5 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables a day for about the cost of a bus ride in most cities;
- Pick beans and lentils instead of meat for 2 or more dinners every week – lots of protein for less money;
- Skip processed foods like frozen pizza, cookies and soda;
- Cook and freeze large batches. Save money by cooking at home more and eating out less;
- Grow your own food with or without a backyard, hand buy seeds with SNAP dollars.